If this chicken isn’t making you drool, you must not like chicken! This recipe for Viet-Thai chicken is deep fried to perfection and then dipped in the most delightful, sweet and spicy sauce ever.
I absolutely love this chicken. If you make this for guests, be ready for and empty plate. This chicken is addicting. You might find if you serve this chicken as an appetizer that people will eat so much of this Viet-Thai chicken that they don’t have room for the next course.
Be ready with extra napkins – this is the true meaning of finger licking good!
- 1/2 chicken, chopped, or 12 wings
- 1/2 T garlic powder
- 1 T chicken stock powder
- 1 lemon grass, crushes and sliced finely (optional)
- Marinade the chicken with the above ingredients overnight, or at least 6 hours. Then deep-fry until done.
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 3 T fish sauce
- 2 T palm sugar
- 5 chili padis (small red chillies), chopped finely
- 1 T finely chopped coriander leaves
- Put sugar and fish sauce into a small pot and heat until sugar is thickened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and dip the fried chicken in one by one to coat.