- 2 Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 bunch of fresh Basil, Fresh leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced and quartered
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about 3/4 of the way through being careful not to cut all the way through. Depending on the size of your chicken breast, you’re going to want around 6 to 8 slits per chicken breast.
- Stuff each slit with a slice of mozzarella cheese, a slice of tomato, and a basil leaf.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish that has been coated with non-stick baking spray.
Brush each chicken breast with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
Source: Walking on Sunshine Recipes