- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry mustard
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed to measure
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon GravyMaster®
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 chicken legs drumstick and thigh
- In a saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, mustard, sugar, water, GravyMaster®, butter, chili powder and Cayenne pepper.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Grill chicken legs 4 to 6 inches from hot glowing coals for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Brush with sauce and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer, brushing and turning frequently. (Remaining sauce can be frozen and used another time.) Makes 8 servings.
Source: Gravy Master