Sweet and Spicy Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken. Takes less than 30 minutes to make and is so much better than take-out!
This Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken is just spicy enough with added sweetness from the honey. I love the sweet and spicy flavor combination. If you want it a bit spicier go ahead and add some more sriracha or red pepper flakes. You can cool it down by adding more honey or soy.
This dish is so much healthier than take out. The chicken is baked not fried. Just as crispy thanks to the panko breading. After they are baked the chicken gets tossed in our Sweet and Spicy Honey sriracha sauce.
The sauce is super sticky thanks to the honey. Soy sauce, garlic, sriacha and crushed red pepper flakes are also added. Crispy and sticky on the outside and tender on the inside. Top the chicken bites with green onions and extra red pepper flakes if desired.
This chicken is so easy to make! Start by breading your chicken with flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs. Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. While the chicken bakes work on the sauce. Saute the garlic and oil and add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer. Toss with the cooked chicken and serve immediately.
You will be eating these chicken bites in less than 30 minutes. Whip up the sauce while the chicken is cooking in the oven. Toss everything together and serve. I like to double the sauce to have extra on hand to pour over rice.
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 3 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by breading your chicken. Begin with flour, egg and then panko breadcrumbs.
- Line chicken onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until fully cooked and lightly brown on the outside.
- Take chicken out of the oven and toss with the Sweet and Spicy Honey Sriracha Sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra red pepper flakes and green onions if desired.
- Add oil and garlic to a large saucepan. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in soy sauce, honey, sriracha, water and crushed red pepper. Cook sauce on high heat until it thickens, stirring constantly. (About 2 minutes.)
- Set aside and keep on low heat until you are ready to toss with the chicken.
Source: Chef Saavy