- 2 pounds green cabbage (about 1 small or 1/2 large cabbage)
- 4 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Quarter and core the cabbage. Peel the carrots and onion and cut into pieces that will fit through the feed tube of a food processor. Fit the food processor with the grater attachment and push the cabbage, carrots and onion through the feed tube to grate. Toss the grated vegetables in a large bowl.
- Prepare the coleslaw dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, mustard, cider vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon black pepper and the cayenne in a medium bowl. Toss the dressing with the cabbage mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Photograph by Andrew McCaul
Source: Food Network Magazine