How to make Chicken Penne, Scampi Style!
Everyone loves shrimp scampi. The light lemon, garlic, wine flavors taste great over pasta. With that in mind, this dish was created.
This Chicken with penne pasta is a delicious, quick, healthy example of a dish prepared Scampi style but without any seafood.
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 ounces sun dried tomato-diced
- 2-3 ounces broccoli
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 ounces white wine
- 10 ounces penne, cooked al dente
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- Pecorino Romano cheese (1-2 ounces)
- Sea salt & fresh Ground pepper
- Cook penne pasta according to box directions
- Salt and pepper chicken strips
- In large skillet, saute chicken in heated olive oil till lightly brown
- Add minced garlic & continue sauté until garlic is very lightly browned taking care not to burn
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli, lemon and wine
- Reduce liquid by half
- Add cooked penne pasta and
- toss with butter and cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Source: Adapted from Buck Cooks