Red Wine Braised Chicken has to be one of the easiest meals to “make.” I love meals like this one where you basically dump everything into a pot, cover it and walk away until it is time to serve. This recipe takes it a step further because it is done in a crock pot. There is virtually no interaction once you set it up and the end result is amazing.
Take a look at how easy this recipe is. I’ll bet you set this up before work one day really soon and come into a delicious dinner at the end of your day.
Click next to view the recipe.
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 pounds bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet (1.3 oz) McCormick slow cookers red wine braised roast seasoning mix
- 1 cup small peeled baby carrots, halved
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bag (14.4 oz) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Mashed potatoes and green peas (optional)
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chopped onion in slow cooker; season chicken with seasoning mix and place on top of onion. Add carrots, mushrooms and pearl onions.
- Pour red wine and 1/2 cup water over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in parsley and serve with mashed potatoes and peas, if desired.
Source: Midwest Living