I found this recipe for Peach-Basil Grilled Chicken and had to share. I love the summer fruits and summer peaches are one of my favorites. Peaches pair well with chicken. This recipe is delicious no matter how it is served, but as you can see, there are a few different ways to serve this dish. When I have guests, I slice into the chicken breast and garnish with fresh basil and thinly sliced peaches. When I am in the mood for a major peach flavor I follow the directions and top with a peach salsa (recipe below). Either way – A Super Delicious Summertime meal!
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14 peaches, washed and dried
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and brown sugar to taste
- Basil leaves and sliced peach for garnish if desired
- Trim fat from chicken breasts and put them in a large, heavy-duty zip-lock bag. Set aside.
- Cut peaches in half, remove the pits, and place in food processor. Add the basil leaves, water, sugar and garlic and purée on high until you have a relatively smooth consistency.
- Pour about half of the peach mixture into the bag with the chicken breasts. Move the chicken around to be sure all sides are well coated. Remove the air from the bag, seal, and then refrigerate for at least 6 hours and ideally overnight. (Save the other half of the peach mixture in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for the sauce.)
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat your outdoor BBQ. Remove the now marinated chicken breasts from the bag and place them on a large plate discarding the bag with excess marinade.
- Once the grill is hot, season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, and then place them on the grill. (You should hear a sizzling sound when they hit the grill — if you don’t, it’s not hot enough. Wait for the sizzle!)
- Grill just until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is grilling, add the remaining peach mixture (from the container in the fridge), to a small sauce pan. Add the lemon juice, bring to a simmer, and let it thicken a bit. This should take about 5 minutes. Season to taste with a bit more brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken either whole topped with peach salsa or sliced, placing it on top of the sauce, on a platter or serving plates.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and peach slices if desired.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh purple basil (or green basil)
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- Combine all ingredient and use to top chicken cutlets.