Honey Grilled Sweet Potatoes – Yum! Sweet and spicy with a delicious grilled flavor! These Grilled Sweet Potatoes are the perfect side for any entree. Take advantage of that grill. There is nothing like the taste of grilled food!
- 2 good sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (if you are not a curry fan, use 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper to spice it up) – Optional
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4″ slices.
- In a glass bowl, combine the melted butter, honey and curry or cayenne pepper and stir well to combine.
- Brush one side of each medallion with the butter-honey-curry/pepper mixture and place it on the grill, brushed side down.
- When all the sweet potatoes are on the grill, brush the tops with the melted mixture and close the lid.
How to BBQ sweet potatoes
- Lift the lid from time to time and baste the sweet potatoes.
- Flip them over occasionally so they develop nice grill marks on the surface and continue to brush them with melted mixture to ensure a nice glaze.
- Grill approximately 20 – 30 minutes. It may take a bit more depending on the heat of the grill and whether you’ve put them on the top rack or on the main grates.
- Watch to make sure that the edges don’t overcook.
- Test them by tasting. They should be tender.
- When done, remove them from the grill onto a serving plate.