Chicken, Cheese, Buffalo Hot Sauce…What’s Not to Love!
I love Buffalo wings but somehow wings don’t seem like “dinner.” This recipe delivers the spicy Buffalo hot sauce flavor that I love mixed Mozzarella with Chicken! I think you are going to love this recipe.
This Grilled Buffalo Chicken with Mozzarella is super easy to make! Simply cut a pocket into your chicken breast and stuff it with some cheese, fold it over and add the sauce.
To make the hot sauce, just melt some butter in the microwave, add Franks Hot Sauce and a pinch of celery salt. Brush it on your chicken and then pop it on the grill.
- 1 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- Preheat grill to medium low heat
- Cut a pocket in your chicken breasts, by cutting it horizontally. Do not cut all the way through.
- Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and fold over the chicken to close it. The chicken breast should look as it did before you cut it.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for 8 seconds. Stir in Frank’s hot sauce and celery salt.
- Brush one side of the chicken with hot sauce mixture and place the hot sauce size down on the grill.
- Brush more hot sauce over top of chicken. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brush on remaining hot sauce and cook until no longer pink; about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with a side salad, celery, carrots and blue cheese dressing if desired.
Source: Adapted from Cheese Cutters Corner