Americans love Buffalo chicken! Wings, sauce, you name it. This sandwich brings together all that is good about Buffalo Chicken. The melted goodness of the different cheeses puts this sandwich over the top.
Somehow these ingredients make this sandwich fall into the “I can serve you to guests” category!
Change up the recipe, if you like, using your favorite bread and cheeses. Serve with a side of Ranch dressing for dipping or if you want to go crazy, put out some blue cheese dressing to dip into.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded chicken
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoon green onion,diced
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken, hot sauce, mayo, carrot and onion.
- Lightly butter one side of two slices of the bread.
- Flip the slices over and lay them butter side down on your work surface.
- Sprinkle each slice with half of the cheddar, top with the half of buffalo chicken mixture, then half of the blue cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place the sandwiches butter side down in the pan and cook on the first side until the bread is golden brown and toasted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Flip the sandwiches using a spatula and continue to cook on the other side until the bread is golden brown.
- You can use the spatula to compress the sandwich as it cooks on the second side.
- Remove the sandwiches from the pan and let them rest for a minute or two, then slice in half (if desired) and serve.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Recipes Hubs