There is something to be said about old-world simple cooking. This recipe for Greek Yogurt Roasted Chicken is a perfect example of such a recipe. Simple, healthy ingredients combined to make a wonderfully flavorful meal.
I like to serve my Greek Yogurt Roasted Chicken with Honey Grilled Sweet Potatoes. Sweet and spicy, they offer the perfect complement to this simple chicken dish.
- 2-3 pounds of chicken pieces (try to keep the pieces a similar size for even cooking)
- 1 small container of Greek yogurt (5.3 oz.)
- The juice of 1 lemon (or half if you don’t like a strong lemon flavor)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt + a little for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp pepper + a little for sprinkling
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil and the last five ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Add chicken pieces into the yogurt mixture. This can be done a day before or right before you roast the chicken.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and crispy with a temp of 165 degrees.