This recipe makes the perfect Greek Tzatziki sauce for a gyro. It is simple to make and is really what makes the gyro a gyro.
- 1½ cups greek yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp + ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- sea salt to taste ( I used 1 tsp)
- Put diced cucumber in the middle of a clean dish towel and squeeze out excess water.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, and dill.
- Slowly add salt until you’ve reached the desired taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to give flavors enough time to develop. (I urge you to follow this step. It really heightens the flavors.)
Source: No Gojis No Glory