When it comes to making Mexican at home, I look for inspiration. Sargento had this great recipe for Four Cheese Chicken Enchiladas that I couldn’t pass up. Sargento cheese is the best and enchiladas are loaded melted cheese. My family loves this recipe. I’ll bet yours will too.
Spice up dinner time with these alluringly flavorful enchiladas that are made with fast-melting Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican and a combination of tender chicken breast, salsa, and your favorite enchilada sauce poured on top to seal in all of savory flavors while they bake in the oven.
- 1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (16 oz.) chunky-style salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican, divided
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) mild enchilada sauce
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add taco seasoning; cook for an additional 2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa, beans, corn and 1 cup cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish. Soften tortillas according to package directions. Place scant cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place in dish, seam-side-down.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese, olives and onions. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot.