Warning, you are about to be lured into making The Best Florentine Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken! I have made this recipe over and over again since seeing it on the Food Network. Rachael Ray’s recipes always appeal to me.
This is a pretty indulgent recipe and one I make for special occasions. The prosciutto is a real treat and adds such a delicious layer of flavor to this Stuffed Florentine Chicken.
I’ll bet once you try this, you will come back to it over and over again.
Here is the recipe! Please enjoy. (Thanks Rachel!)
- 1 box frozen spinach, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few grates nutmeg
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 slices prosciutto di Parma, 1/3 pound
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wring out defrosted spinach in clean kitchen towel.
- Toast nuts and combine with spinach in a bowl, mix in cheeses, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cut into and across but not all the way through the chicken breasts, opening them up like a book with a sharp knife.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fill each with a small mound of stuffing.
- Flap chicken breasts back over stuffing and wrap each breast with prosciutto to seal them, carefully covering the whole breast.
- Brush chicken all over with some extra-virgin olive oil and roast 18 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
Source: Rachel Ray