Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Oh my goodness, I love Buffalo wings. These are definitely one of man’s finest creations. I mean, learning to master fire was okay, having the ability to erect massive sky scrapers is alright– but Buffalo wings? Now that’s an accomplishment human beings can be proud of!
There is only one, very disputable, drawback of hot wings and that is the bone. I love the idea of being able to quickly eat my Buffalo wings without having to circumvent tiny little chicken bones. That is exactly why I love the idea of Buffalo chicken dip. No bones, but all the Buffalo wing flavor you can wrap your lips around. Perfection.
If you’re already privy to the whole Buffalo chicken dip thing, you may have noticed a particular quality the dip has. Despite it’s amazing flavor, it ain’t easy on the eyes. Buffalo chicken dip usually looks like someone tossed a tub of orange sherbet in a casserole dish, covered it with shredded cheese, and let it bake until it reached maximum ugliness. No need to worry about that here. This dip is layered, so it looks closer to a freshly baked lasagna than a dish of orange finger paint. This also allows you to enjoy a few layers of texture, instead a homogenous mush mess.
This recipe is perfect for parties, nights alone feeling sorry for yourself, or as a way to say, “You’re special” to a loved one. I would happily accept this as a token of love. Just serve it up with some crackers, celery and carrot sticks, as well as tortilla chips and you’re good to go!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, crumbled blue cheese, or other shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the chicken breasts in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces, but not too much so that there is a recognizable chicken texture in the dip.
- Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a a medium casserole dish or skillet. I used a 8-inch cast iron skillet. There is no need to grease the dish. In a medium bowl, toss together the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce. Spread the Buffalo chicken mixture evenly over the cream cheese and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Drizzle the ranch or blue cheese dressing on top of the cheese.
- Bake the dip in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 20 minuets. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then dig in. This incredible dip can be served with tortilla chips, crackers, cut carrots and/or celery sticks.