Creamy Chicken & Rice – a real comfort food if you ask me. This is a great meal when you are in the mood for some comfort food and are looking to feed the family. All in one dish, this creamy delight is bound to please everyone.
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups steamed brown rice
- 1/4 cup all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour, chopped thyme, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously. Whisk until thick and nearly boiling then stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in rice and chicken and then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese, if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through.