This is a very nice one-dish Mexican meal that serves a family of 6. This is a great way to turn leftover chicken into an entirely different meal. Make this recipe yours by adding some of your favorite ingredients!
This meal can be set up in 10 minutes and on the table within the hour. One of the best parts is that cleanup will be a breeze because this is a one dish dinner.
- 8 corn tortillas, cut in half
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 1 can (10 oz) Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cup diced chicken
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, minced
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, stoned
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
*Makes 6 servings
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 13×9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put aside 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Mix leftover enchilada sauce, chicken, sour cream, 1/4 cup onions and taco seasoning in a big bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of baking dish.
- Place 8 tortilla pieces over sauce, overlapping as necessary. Spread half of chicken mixture over tortillas, drizzle with 2/3 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until thoroughly warmed.
- Uncover. Over the top of casserole layer tortilla chips, tomatoes, olives, leftover 1/4 cup onions and remaining 2/3 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered for around 5 minutes longer.
- Garnish with fresh, chopped cilantro
- Let stand about 10 minutes before you serve.