This Chicken Taco Grande recipe is perfect when you want to serve tacos but are looking for a special presentation. Making one taco ring offers you an easy way to serve a group of people with minimal effort. Simple cut pieces for each person and allow them to garnish as they like. No assembly at the table. This is a perfect dish to serve when entertaining. There is minimal work to set it up and it bakes in 20-25 minutes. Your Chicken Taco Grande can be served with whatever garnishes you like best.
Watch the video to see how it is made.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pkg (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rollsTopping
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olivesGarnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 14-inch pizza pan or large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center, stirring frequently.
- Add corn, bell pepper, water and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Heat until bubbly. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Set aside.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles on sprayed cookie sheet with short sides of triangles toward center, overlapping into wreath shape and leaving 5-inch round opening in center. Lightly press short sides of dough to flatten slightly.
- Spoon chicken filling onto widest part of dough. Pull end points of triangles over filling and tuck under dough to form ring. (Filling will be visible.)
- Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine lettuce, tomato and olives; toss gently to mix.
- Spoon lettuce mixture into center of ring. Serve with sour cream and salsa.