- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken sausage links, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped [or ½ teaspoon dried]
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 large russet potatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables have become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in milk. Stir until heated through, about one minute.
- Serve immediately. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Source: Mom to Mom Nutrition