I love Mexican food and especially love spicy foods. Nachos are one of my favorite “appetizers” when I am out. I often order Buffalo Chicken Nachos up front and find out that it’s enough for a meal. With that in mind I went in search of a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Nachos that I could make at home. This recipe can be altered to your taste. I like to add jalapenos and a few dollops of sour cream to my nachos.
I sometimes make this dish when I have leftover chicken. It is a great way to make a new meal or appetizer from a leftover.
- 8 cups Ranch flavored tortilla chips
- 4 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Frank’s Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Spread tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow dish.
- Bring wing sauce and 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Add shredded cooked chicken; heat through.
- Strain the chicken (reserving the sauce) and spread over ranch-flavored tortilla chips.
- Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake in the upper third portion of the oven until cheese is melted for about 5-7 minutes.
- After nachos are baked top with blue cheese, chopped celery and the reserved wing sauce.
Source: adapted from Food Network