If you love blackened chicken, you will love this recipe. I made blackened chicken for dinner last night and had leftovers. Today I made this blackened-chicken chicken salad.
The chicken was infused with the flavors of blackening spice and the additional blackening spice added to the mayo really made this chicken salad pop.
Give this simple recipe a try if you are looking for a great new chicken salad recipe.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoon blackening spice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 additional teaspoon blackening spice
- Heat a cast iron skillet with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with 1-2 tablespoons of blackening spice.
- Cook chicken breasts until no longer pink (approximately 10 minutes per side – 165 degrees F)
- Let chicken cool and then cut into bite sized pieces. Add to bowl.
- Add celery and scallion and season chicken pieces with additional teaspoon of blackening spice.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve over bed of greens or on bread of your choice.