This salad combines all the great foods of summer! BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad is a party on a plate! This filling entree salad is full of bold, BBQ flavors.
BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad combines crunchy romaine lettuce with BBQ chicken, grilled corn, black beans, fresh tomatoes and crunchy red onions, all chopped to the same size then tossed in light ranch and bbq sauce – or your favorite dressing. I tell you what, lately I can’t get enough chopped salads. I love how fresh, quick, and easy they are. The epitome of healthy, summer eating.
Oh! There’s crushed tortilla chips in there too. Can’t forget about those babies! Every BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad must have a handful of crushed tortilla chips, in my opinion. Salty and crunchy, they add a little bit of decadence to this fresh entree salad. Must try.
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2-10oz bags chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- Light ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce
- Brush chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes a side, brushing grilled side with BBQ sauce after flipping once. Grill ears of corn, rotating occasionally, until evenly charred. Remove chicken and corn, let cool slightly, then chop chicken and slice corn kernels off cob and set aside.
- In a very large bowl add lettuce (may need to do this in a couple batches.) Use a pizza cutter to evenly chop lettuce into small pieces then toss with tomatoes, black beans, red onion, cheeses, tortilla chips, chicken, and corn. Drizzle with light ranch dressing and bbq sauce (or your favorite dressing) then toss and serve immediately.
Source: Iowa Girl Eats