When the weather is nice, I am always in search of quick and easy recipes so that I can spend my time enjoying the weather. This 3-ingredient brown sugar Italian chicken falls into the quick and easy category like none other. It is a “dump” recipe which I love. I call any recipe that can’t be screwed up a dump recipe. This is one of them. Just mix the brown sugar and Italian dressing mix together and slather it on the chicken – DONE. The hardest part is lining your pan with foil.
So easy is good but it requires more than that – it has to be good. This one is…very good. It will taste like you slaved over this recipe.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (0.7-oz) package Italian dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine the brown sugar and Italian dressing mix. Coat both sides of the chicken with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place in prepared pan. Top chicken with any remaining brown sugar mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes. Turn broiler on HIGH. Broil chicken until brown sugar caramelizes, about 1 to 2 minutes. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn!