Chicken soup is good year round. It’s nice to make the classic chicken soup but fun every now and again to change it up a bit. This recipe for 15 minute Chicken and White Bean soup is terrific. It is really tasty and is bound to be well liked by all but it is also healthy. The real icing on the cake is that this soup is made with a rotisserie chicken which allows you to have homemade soup on the table in 15 minutes.
You’re going to love this recipe!
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast section or 3 cups chopped white chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove wings from chicken and reserve. Remove skin from breast and discard. Shred the meat from the breast and break off breastbones.
- In a stockpot over medium heat, add oil. Sauté the carrots, celery, onion, chicken wings, and breastbones for 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables soften.
- Add water and chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring to combine. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.Add beans and chicken meat and cook for 5 minutes. If too thick, add additional broth or water. Discard bones and wings before serving. Season with salt and pepper.